Sunday 6 December 2009

What I've been up to lately...

I've been a little busy recently, so I haven't read as many books as I normally manage to get through. For those of you (any of you?) who are wondering why, I'll quickly run through the guilty parties:

1) I've just waved bye-bye to my parents, who were in Australia for a few weeks to see me (not true, they were actually here to see my daughter; I just live in the same house). All the bonding and visits to the zoo didn't leave much time for books.

2) I'm currently reading 'David Copperfield'. I'm getting there, but it'll be a few days yet...

3) Cricket on the telly. Very distracting for the serious reader. West Indies leading by 35 runs, by the way.

4) Of course, the main cause of my slow down in reading was Free E-Day, which took place on December the 1st. In addition to plugging the event, taking part in a couple of discussions (unfortunately, my time zone was not ideal for participating in on-line chats) and downloading a few interesting novels for nothing, I took advantage of the day to publish (on Smashwords) my first ever short story - for free! If I ever get around to thinking about it a little more, it may even (one day, in the dark and distant future - not quite sure why the future is dark, but there you go) become a novel of some sort. It's a little story about intercultural relations and the importance of not making assumptions, and (if you want to) you can download it for free by clicking on the title photo above! Please note that the photo is not meant to be arty; I just walked out of my front door, pressed the button on my camera and downloaded it. Looks nice though :)

Normal service will be resumed shortly. As you were...