Wednesday 9 September 2009

A-bok-bok-alypse Now

Hurrah! After moaning and whinging about a lack of recognition, I now find myself the proud recipient of a Zombie Chicken Award. Eternal thanks to Michelle of su[shu] for this prestigious prize; it's not the Booker, but you've got to start somewhere!

For those of you who are not familiar with this highly-coveted award (and I suspect that that may be most of you), please read the following explanation of the meaning of this offering from the undead poultry:

"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken– excellence, grace, and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all."

Hmm. While obviously honoured and flattered, I do feel rather guilty at the thought that some of my dear readers may be disembowelled by a rampaging pack of indefatigable chooks from hell just for the sake of reading one of my posts (it also puts a fair bit of pressure on my shoulders...). Oh well, I suppose sacrifices have to made in all true art.

Anyway, the second part is now the tricky one; who do I nominate to receive this coveted award? There are two issues with this:

1) Whose blog would I face a horde of Zombie Chickens for?
2) Have any of these people already received this prestigious accolade?

I can't give it back to Michelle, for obvious reasons. Another previous recipient of the chickens is Mel of The Reading Life, so no chicken for her either. Zombie Chickens then for:

(for reminding me what it's like to be young...)
(for all-round brilliance and advice)
(for the Japanese Literature 3 challenge)
(for lots of hard work and Booker prize news)
(for the inspiration for this blog!)

Yay! Cheers all round and Zombie Chickens for everyone! Let the slaughter commence!