Monday 17 August 2009

By the way...

The nature of the book blogging scene (from what I've seen) is very circuitous and overlapping, so it'll come as little surprise that I've popped up on another blog espousing my opinions on life, literature and spoon feeding. Click on the link to go to the interview at Colleen's wonderful Bookphilia blog and find out what they are!

In other news, I've just finished my review on Dostoyevsky's 'The Brothers Karamazov', the third in a series of rather unconventional reviews I've done (the others being Virginia Woolf's 'Mrs Dalloway' and Franz Kafka's 'The Trial'). I'm not sure how useful this kind of post is to people who haven't read the book in question: yay or nay? If you have a spare moment, let me know!

Finally, I'm still waiting for more wonderful Japanese books to reach me from the (so far) fabulous Book Depository, so it may be a couple of weeks before my next entry for the Japanese Literature Challenge. Having said that though, I have been meaning to look at Murakami's first two novellas, 'Hear the Wind Sing' and 'Pinball, 1973', again, so you never know...

Next review in a couple of days (with added gruel!)

P.S. Remember my review earlier this year of the unpublished novel 'Songs from the Other Side of the Wall'? Well, thanks to the miracles of the modern world, Dan Holloway (while still waiting for Harper Collins to get its act together) has managed to self publish his novel - in both paper and bargain e-book forms. Read my review, then buy the book (or the other way round; I'm not fussy!). I promise I am not getting a cut of the profits....